
I have a close-up shot of his new surroundings below. He seemed very tucked in and cozy. It was dimmer in this room and I did not want to use the flash, so the picture was very dark. I have enhanced it some. He is also now in clothes since he is in the isolette and not the warmer bed, where he'd been exposed and only in a diaper. He was very bundled and snuggly:

The set up at Rex is much smaller and intimate. Aidan is in a room with only one other roommate, rather than in the E pod with at least a dozen other babies. (Even so, Pod E was referred to as a 'small' pod by the UNC nurses. Pods A-D were easily twice as big as E.) As such, it is quieter and feels slower-paced. The number of machines and nurses bustling around is as dramatically reduced as the number of babies in the room, and there is more space around him for kangaroo care and such. Like UNC, only two visitors are allowed in at a time.


No comments:
Post a Comment