
He's off the oxygen tube, off the feeding tube, done the car seat test, has had the umpteen vaccinations, been circumsized, had his hearing screened - literally everything on the checklist has been done for Aidan to go home. I asked the doctor yesterday, "So, Doc, is our goal to have him be the first kid to actually walk outta here, or what?"
However, if you have been following Aidan's Medical Log, you already know that he is having what they call in the NICU biz "desat episoses". This is where his oxygen levels drop too low and often a nurse has to help him. Not actually resuscitate him, but stimulate or rouse him to get his levels back up. Often, but not always, it has been after eating, which is less incriminating than when it's been during sleep. Still, they say he can't leave until he stops it. (I have literally whispered that to Aidan, "Now, you stop this mister!")
Therefore, this literally means we are waiting to exhale because he is pausing to inhale.


1 comment:
I can hear it in the wind, music bells and all...home for Christmas!
I'm so happy for all of you.
Soon.
Post a Comment